Year Start Sequence
Sequence of Play
- BRP Calculations.
- BRP Base Growth.
- BRP Totals.
Additions to BRP Total:
- Conquered major powers.
- Captured key economic areas.
- Colonies and conquered minor countries.
- Active minor allies.
- Associated minor countries.
- Economically penetrated countries.
- Captured or controlled ICs.
Subtractions from BRP Total:
- Non-base BRP deficits from the previous year.
- Originally controlled key economic areas controlled by another alliance faction.
- Construction Limits.
- Allot DPs.
- Basic Allotments: Germany, Britain, Russia: 3; Italy, France: 2; US: 1 per every 10 USAT levels.
- DPs for BRPs: one for every 100 BRPs (round down).
- DPs from other sources: see the Diplomatic Tables.
- Allocate DPs.
- Each alliance faction may place up to one third of its DPs (round up) in any one target.
- The Western Allies and European Axis may each place up to two DPs in USAT in 1939, and up to four DPs in 1940 and 1941.
- The Western Allies and European Axis may each place up to two DPs in RGT in 1939, and up to four DPs in later years.
- Russia may only place DPs in Bulgaria, Finland, Greece, Hungary, Rumania, Sweden, Turkey, the Ukraine and Yugoslavia.
- DPs may be placed in intelligence research categories.
- Allot RPs.
- Basic Allotments: Germany: 8; Japan, Britain, Russia: 6; France: 3; Italy: 2; US: 1 per every 10 USAT+USJT levels.
- RPs for BRPs: one for every 50 BRPs (round down).
- RPs from growth: one for every 25 BRPs (round down).
- Allocate RPs.
- No more than half (round up) of an alliance faction's RPs may be placed in a single research category.
- Each alliance faction may only place 3 RPs in any given research or production project.
- After having achieved 1 breakthrough in that category and if one country has 400 or more BRPs during the YSS, this limit rises to 4.
- After having achieved 2 breakthroughs in that category and if one country has 500 or more BRPs during the YSS, this limit rises to 5, etc.
- There are other restrictions for high technology projects, atomic research, date restrictions, and nationality restrictions.
- U.S. Election (1945 YSS only).